AVA MAX - MY HEAD & MY HEART - READY FREE DOWNLOAD MP3 + LYRICS & REVIEW (2021)

Song Review: Ava Max is queen of borrowed bops with excellent single Ava Max is quickly becoming the queen of giving well known melodies new purpose in her own songs. So far she used famous hooks in songs like „Kings & Queens“ (uses the melody of Bon Jovi’s „You Give Love A Bad Name“ & Bonnie Tyler’s „If I Was A Woman and You Were A Man“ ), „Torn“ (production seems to sample ABBA’s

For her new single „My Head & My Heart“ , part of a re-release of said debut album, she interpolates the melody of Russian 90s banger ‘Pesenka’ by Ruki Vverh!, mostly known through cover ‘Around the World’ by German band ATC.

Producers used the insanely catchy melody of the euro dance classic for the verses and wrote new lyrics to it that fit perfectly. The chorus itself is an original and has a strong hook too and a bouncy 90s house vibe.

 Ava Max might not be the most original pop star out there, but she certainly fills a void of unapologetic, uncomplicated dance pop with killer hooks. She brings the bangers to us every single time.

HITS-WORLD GIVES THIS SONG A RATING OF 6.6 OF 10 



Text / En / Lyrics: Ava Max - My Head & My Heart (2021) 

Baby, now and then
I think about me now and who I could have been
And then I picture all the perfect that we lived
'Til I cut the strings on your tiny violin, oh woah

My mind's got a m-m-mind of its own right now
And it makes me hate me
I'll explode like a dynamite if I can't decide, baby

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head and my heart are caught in-between, yeah

La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la

Tell me yes or no
Asking the heavens, "Should I stay or should I go?"
You held my hand when I had nothing left to hold
And now I'm on a roll, oh
Oh woah

My mind's got a m-m-mind of its own right now
And it makes me hate me
I'll explode like a dynamite if I can't decide, baby

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head and my heart are caught in-between, yeah

La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la

I'm standin' at the crossroads
I cross my heart with X and O's
Which way leads to forever?
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh
God only knows

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head (My head) and my heart (My heart)
Are caught in-between, yeah

La-la-la-la-la (Oh)
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la (Oh)
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la (La, la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la, oh)
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la (Oh yeah)
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la