Song Review: "Firestarter" is a song by the British band the Prodigy, released on 18 March 1996. It was the first single from their third album The Fat of the Land, and their tenth single overall. It was the group's first number-one single on the United Kingdom Singles Chart, staying on top for three weeks, and their first big international hit, topping the charts in the Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, and Norway.
British magazine Music Week rated "Firestarter" five out of five, picking it as Single of the Week. They added, "Powerful return for the kings of live techno." Brad Beatnik from the magazine's RM Dance Update described it as "a typically searing chunk of heavy techno featuring some manie vocale and an awesome synth line". He concluded, "Straight in the Top 10, no question, and destined to be pounded in the clubs."
Following Flint's death on 4 March 2019, fans used the hashtag 'Firestarter4Number1' on various social media platforms to replicate the song's success by getting it to the number 1 spot again. This was done out of respect for Keith Flint and to raise awareness of suicide among men.
💥TOP SONGS💥FROM THE '80S, '90S &'00S DOWNLOAD MP3 RETRO SONGS HITS: FAST CONVENIENT AND FREE ALL POPULAR GENRES ONLY ON OUR WEBSITE THE ALL CLASSIC OLD MUSIC HITS!
Text / En / Lyrics: The Prodigy - Firestarter (1996)
I'm the trouble starter, punkin' instigator
I'm the fear addicted, danger illustrated
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
You're the firestarter, twisted firestarter
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
I'm the bitch you hated, filth infatuated – yeah
I'm the pain you tasted, well intoxicated
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
You're the firestarter, twisted firestarter
I'm the self inflicted, mind detonator – yeah
I'm the one infected, twisted animator
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
You're the firestarter, twisted firestarter
I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter
